Sunday 6 October 2013

Ten based on the ten

My six sketched out Ideas for my next ten drawings based on one of my ten for the summer project.

After doing this and receiving feedback I decided to combine my sea creatures and my putting party hats on things.






I gathered some reference images and some research and then I did some further tests before deciding how to further progress with the idea. I wanted to try some new methods for this project as I already showed how I often draw in the summer project.  I bought some watercolour pencils to try out as well as some new fineliners of different widths. I ultimately decided that the watercolour pencils needed further practice and that for the detailing of the creatures the fineliners worked better. I also enjoyed the contrast of the brightly coloured party hats on the colourless creatures. it was a little while after I started drawing these that I was given the idea of working on a dark background in white pencils and going back to the original hatless idea.




I tried a drawing out on three differently coloured paper before deciding on the one above. after that I did a mock up of positioning and then sketched out my real one. I changed a few things in this including some of the positions and some of the close ups. when I fished sketching out I moved on to the detailing.








No comments:

Post a Comment