Friday 9 January 2015

Sybil's background


This is the final version of the background for Sybil's animation.  I've based all my animations on the Vimes family (my favourite characters from discworld, as well as keeping all three in a theme). This background is based on my interpertation of sybil's house, as she's described as being from a aristocratic family and for family having many hunting trophies I've tried to include these. Its based on both m overall idea of a safely home (from many years of visiting them) and quite a few different images of similar rooms. The colour scheme is the same, a lot of it is based on my childhood visits and various images to back my memory up. I am really pleased with this illustration but I should have remembered to put soot in the fireplace and drawn the fire in a more animation friendly way. My biggest failure on this however is when I accidentally saved it in a merged format meaning that I couldn't change anything  without potentially ruining the rest. I would say that next time I won't do this but I'm sure I'll be tired and carless again.     

No comments:

Post a Comment