Tuesday 15 March 2016

Leafy sea dragon continued


As it turns out, nearly every reference image I had was of a different colouring. This made choosing its colours extremely difficult. I explored a few that were more yellow/Green but it looked wrong against the blue of its stripes. So I decided to make it a little bit less accurate (but still based on the correct type of colours), This lead to a lovely orangey brown range. Which went a lot better with the blue and yellow.  This took an almost unreasonable amount of time but I'm really happy with their final colouring.



I coloured the background separately but kept placing the dragons against it to make sure that the colours worked well together. Some of the colours I chose for the background are a little different to the reference but I didn't want it to blend into each other too much. If I had the time I'd sort out that patch behind the yellow seaweed in the bottom lefthand corner. I think it looks a little empty right now. 




No comments:

Post a Comment