Thursday 1 May 2014

Finals

These are my finals as I've already spoken about what works in the last post I'll say what I think doesn't or what I'd do differently. The main thing I'd do would have been to work out the measurement for the finals and drawn it within a are in the same format as I think that the extra space around the other postcards is much stronger than the slightly stretched looking finals. There is also unnecessary space around the stamps as it's wider than I thought.  I would have also liked to have spent more time researching and practising how to write these as they are uneven and don't look as good as they could. I am happy that I got to hand write something though and the joined slightly quick lettering suits the feel of the poem. The other thing I would have done is have more block colour, particularly in the postcards, as the hair and beard on Gil really works. I would also not try to hurry up my guillotining when someone's behind me as I cut through one of my final pieces and had to submit it on normal paper and I'd check that my printer has enough ink as some of the colour quality was lost. 










No comments:

Post a Comment