Thursday 11 February 2016

The Bays - Investigation


I've chosen The bays as my  first story to play around with as it reminds me of my own childhood and because I didn't know it by heart yet. I picked some key moments and did some quick thumbs of them in relation to the text. I think I should do this with all of my thumbs for this project as there is so much text that my illustration has to work alongside. 


I then chose some of the bits I thought were working and started developing them. I also started try to experiment with how I would fill the space without colour. 


This page is mainly an exploration of how to draw her jumping from rock to rock. I spent a while just looking up pictures of children jumping but there wasn't a perfect reference. I might have to ask boy to do it so I can get some first hand research. 

No comments:

Post a Comment