Thursday 11 February 2016

Tove Outfit and Colouring Investigation


I realised after doing the exploration on The Bays, that I hadn't fully finalised her clothes. This was hard as there seems to be very little reference for what either Tove or other Fins wore at the time. On my pin board I collected the fashion in children and adults for the twenty years either side of her birth. I also used the clothiers her characters wear as inspiration. the outfit is a cross between some of the pinafore's the girls wear in some images I've found and the almost artist smock clothes that Tove wore and drew her characters in. While doing this I also tried to explore how I should fill the white space and if I should use line or maybe grey tones. I've not quite decided get and my next plan is to try and use pencil. 

No comments:

Post a Comment