Thursday 11 February 2016

Young Tove Design




This is some of the character investigation I have been doing to try and create a young Tove based character as the book is a kind of memoir of her childhood. I've been putting a lot of my work into her eyes, nose and hair as they are quite distinctive. She has cat like eyes but they still need to be quite large to be childish, I've been having a little trouble keeping them even as this isn't my usual way of drawing eyes. I want her nose to somewhat be a nod to her characters as they have a particular look to them but I also want it to look like her actual nose too. The hair has been the most enjoyable to play around with as I've able to create a shape that is a more exaggerated version of the hair she had as a child while also trying to reference her hair when she's older as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment