Sunday 20 April 2014

Transport

For transport we had to look at line of sight but I also wanted to look at drawing something odd and more character based. To start off I looked at drawing the inside of the train with the idea of having a host of strange characters crammed in together. Before moving on to having my top hat character riding a cat. After him I remembered a creature I drew a year ago or so with muscular gym teacher legs. So the obvious choice from there was to draw them onto a bus, I really liked the idea of having really bored passengers. I thought this would strongly imply that in some kind of parallel universe it is completely normal for the transport to have legs.I decided to drop them shortly after though, this was as I decided it would detract from the transport itself and over complicate the drawing. I also started to change the angle for a better view of the legs.





This is where I chose to put arms in as well as I liked how it would create quite a weird way of moving. I also started drawing the legs as muscular yet feminine. Which I think this also gives it a wonderfully weirder vibe, it reminds me of in cartoons when the'd try to show something as sexy. It's also taken from my drawing of a tiger headed lady that I drew around the same time. 


Doing a train allowed me to create a sense of movement and show the different positions of the arms and legs as well as showing how the oddly bent knees move.


I tried to then move it around again to see what it would look like from the front, which inspired the one below which shows the train pulling its way through the tunnel. I think this one has decent depth and alright line of sight as it draws the eye backwards and around the corner.


This is my favourite of all  of them I think the colour works really well as its such gentle tones compared to the oddness of the train. I think it has a good balance of line work to colour and as I drew it so that it could be seen head on as well as from the side I think it has a good line of sight. Which in itself creates a feeling of movement.


I then thought I'd try the same process with the bus and I drew it again in both ways but I tried to draw more surroundings for the line one and draw a more stationary position for the colour.



This one I wanted to draw more detailed version with a really strong sense of depth and line of slight but i think overally referenced and lost a large part of its appeal.

No comments:

Post a Comment