Sunday 19 January 2014

Colour tests

After some peer feedback I decided to look into colour again and did some colour tests. I spent a lot of time stuck on how the snowsuit should be coloured. As it was based on the one I had as a child I had been thinking of it as the glaring purple and red  mine was. However when I came to colour it and saw how odd it looked, I thought I should be making something that will look appealing. From that I thought it should be earthy colours and tried to design it from that. After a few unsuccessful  attempts and a conversation with Orlaith I changed my mind again. I asked her what colours a snowsuit should be, in her mind it was blues and purples. It was from this that I decided that I'd rather my drawing be accurate and silly than pretty. To me winter clothes were whatever your mother could find, they never matched. The snowsuit was something garish, probably from the '80's handed down from family member to family member. While I love the colour I think it may be impracticable due to time constraints and because the ink I've been using is unfortunately not waterproof. 



No comments:

Post a Comment