Thursday 23 April 2015

Finals

These are the finals as submitted, as you may have noticed and what I noticed as soon as I started working on the digital aspects, I had drawn them to the wrong ratio. They were no where near wide enough, but incredibly I was able to correct this by moving some of the lines around. I think that this actually made the drawings a lot better as while I was fixing the ratio I was also able to move some others to create a better effect. This is most obvious in the corridor illustration as I added a wall for her foot to rest against, a line to look more like a skirting board and was able to make the perspective a little better. This has made me a lot more aware of checking with the brief before just starting drawing. I think the colouring works well on these and I'm glad I was able to do the gradient on the first like I originally intended. Though while doing her dress I stopped thinking of it as a pinafore with a shirt underneath (white sleeves) and it became more like a 60's dress with a collar. I don't really mind this as while it would have worked well with the white sleeves it doesn't detract from the illustrations.

No comments:

Post a Comment