Wednesday 29 April 2015

Offlife

I was running out of live competitions to enter when I talked to Rowena and she told me about Offlife and at this i remembered a three panel sketch I did when I was thinking about doing the we transfer brief by myself. I used this as a stating point to make what I believe is my first comic and apparently they can take a long time to do as this took over twelve hours to do. However those last two hours were my own fault as I started the comic before properly looking at the submission details, so I'd drawn the final frame as a long one to show the depths. THis meant that i had to painstakingly move, resize, add some extras and change the background over and over again until it fit. Though after doing all this and getting heavily frustrated with it and myself, I really love the outcome and for now at least I'm proud. If I was going to change something I think I would spend longer on the background colour to make sure that flows correctly. I think I'd also look into some more creatures for the the wider one as I liked them better a bit more squished together. I'm not sure I regret working to the wrong format though as I like the long version better for the flow of imagery.

No comments:

Post a Comment