Monday 27 April 2015

Hiii Illustration

Hiii Illustration competition was just wanting any illustration made in this year, which I found harder to work to as there wasn't really anywhere to start from but after looking at Pinterest I saw some summer shorts (the ones in the drawing) and as I was still feverish at the time I was drawing this I had lifted my hand to my head which immediately made me think of this pose. The rest of it came from me thinking of my ginger friend in the summer as she tans/burns and freckles all at the same time. While I found the colouring of the girl really simple I had a lot of trouble with the rest as I knew I wanted it to be summery but didn't know how to put these pale summery colours together and I wasn't sure if I should do the baking tools as bright vibrant colours like they often are or to make them more subdued. In the end after using coolors a lot I managed to settle on varying blues for the baking stuff and the background. With a green and yellow for the clothes. After spending so much time colouring it I finally got to submitting it and found that Hiii is clearly in another language that's been translated as all of the instructions made no sense and I had guess at what goes where. After getting over that hurdle an error page kept coming up when I actually tried to submit but eventually it went through, much to my relief.

No comments:

Post a Comment