Tuesday 10 May 2016

Character sheet

As I had done some doodles and an illustration of my children's book character I decided to expand it into a character sheet. I had to work out how to draw her hair and scarf from the back and the side, which was relatively simple as I'd already done some rough doodles before. I also designed her hot weather look as she travels between hot and cold areas in the book. The hardest part about that was thinking about where her hair actually goes, as it's normally bunched up in her scarf. I tried to keep it recognisable and while it is a lot flatter than it was before it still goes in then out. 

I also did some expressions for her. I wanted to do the first two with the scarf on as I'd need to know how she'd show emotions with half her face covered and the last one without it as I'd need to know how to draw her face without the scarf too. I didn't want to become reliant on either option.


No comments:

Post a Comment