Wednesday 18 May 2016

New fishes

I coloured some of the creatures I had already drawn but I had over estimated how fast I could get through them and only managed to finish three of them. I did however get to improve my process on the jelly with the red fringe. As it has such a reflective sheen on it, I was worried about how to get the rainbow shine as when I tried to create the same look on the blood belly comb jelly I did for secret 7 and that didn't go well. However I found out that If I use the rainbow gradient and the white highlights but then turn the opacity way down and use a textured brush over it I can combat the MS word art effect that it normally has. I also started using the different shades background that I started in brief 1 and I realised that I could use the highlight tones to simulate the glow in the background as well as in the creature. I did try using my new favourite brush to shade on the angler too but it just looked a bit dirty, even with a very low opacity layer over it. The pale lines also didn't really work either but I'm going to still work on my pale lines as I think they still have potential.

No comments:

Post a Comment