Thursday 5 May 2016

Clearest blue

This is what I came back to when I returned to my 7" and I thought it looked really dumb. I had to really go into the lyrics with this one to try and create a composition as it clearly wasn't working just sat there. There's a line that says "Just another time that I go down, but you are keeping up" so I chose to base my composition on distance between two of them, with a vast darkness in between. 


I'm still not entirely sure that this panned out like I wanted it to but I do know that the blood belly comb jelly is the hardest deep sea creature that I've drawn so far and creating the right amount of glow was frustratingly difficult. This creature might not have been the perfect one for this brief but if it had been for an animation it would have been incredible. 


No comments:

Post a Comment