Wednesday 18 May 2016

Single page spreads

I took a lot of my reference on how to plan this layout from those books, it's set out to be more factual and educational, while still being about the images themselves. I had been aiming to get the facts together but I found that a lot of the time, the reference I had been using was all image no info and that the documentary's I've been watching (like the blue planet) can be incredibly vague. Saying things like "as the comb jelly swims past ..." what kind of comb jelly? I wasted a lot of time I didn't have on this so I reverted back to the lorem ipsum I used with sculptors daughter. This allowed me to just show how I want it look without wasting any more time but next time I'm going to be getting all the facts and then drawing them as it just doesn't work the other way around, or at least not easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment