Wednesday 11 May 2016

Philip Light

I started following this illustrator on instagram called Philip Light, looking at how quickly he can capture the idea and the form of people shows me what I should be doing as an exercise. They don't have to be perfect and they look amazing. 

These are observational from a cafe and he's really captured the expressions, personality and stance of the people. 

And these below are character drawings based on RuPaul's drag race and as everything on that show is so exaggerated it makes great, quick expressions and outfits. This is an exercise I would like to start doing. 


This is a piece of his finished work and it's mainly just here to show that in my sketchbook I should be messy and loose without getting caught up in finishing it. 



No comments:

Post a Comment